So the rest of this month will be dedicated to my research and to getting my house in order, cause come November 1st, I'll be in a zone. Gotta meet that 50,000 word minimum on Nanowrimo. This will be my first year. Gosh, I love challenges. How about it? Will you be joining in the writing madness? If you haven't heard of Nanowrimo, go ahead and click on the link, I dare you!
Also, I wanted to give thanks to Tia over at Depression Cookies for honoring me with the 'Lovely Blog Award!' She really brought a smile to my face. Tia and her mother, Angela, are authors of the novel Depression Cookies. A must read:
"Depression Cookies is a coming of age story woven around the heart of family triumph. It is told from two distinct vantage points, middle-aged mother, Abby, and her teenage daughter, Krista."
Rules for accepting the Lovely Blog Award:
1. Thank and link to the person who nominates you
2. Pass this Award along to 15 recently discovered blogs and let them know about it!
Cristina at Once Upon a Time...
Kimberly at Zook Book Nook
Claire at Crazy California Claire
Sonia at Story Treasury
Tracy at Words on Paper
Katy at Musings of an Aspiring Young Adult Author













Congratulations on your blog awards and good luck with Nano. I can't believe it's almost here, already.
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking of doing NaNo this year and I've started planning, hopefully I can get things in order in time!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the award! Never got this one before. Have to consider who to give it to.
ReplyDeleteYay, you're back! We've missed you!
ReplyDeleteUm...Holy challenge.... I am signing up! Thanks for letting me know...congrats on the award
ReplyDeleteThanks for this very pretty award, Lindy. Wow, good luck with Nanowrimo. I almost did it last year and then thought "Am I mad? This is my busiest month of the year!" and bailed! One day, perhaps when the kids have moved out (will they move out??) then I might give it a go. Friends who have done it have loved it.
ReplyDeleteAww, thank you so much for including me in your lovely award. :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck with NaNo... I've never done it officially, but I did do a novel-in-a-month bootcamp last summer and was successful. I'd like to do NaNo someday, but this year I'm in a weird in-between state with three different manuscripts. Not a good time to start something new. I'll be cheering you on though!
Ooooh, a new NaNo victim! :D It's a lot of fun. Just have a blast and don't take it too seriously. You'll be awesome!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Lindy! I'm honored to get the award! :)
ReplyDeleteI hope you crank it all out before November 1. I've never done NaNoWriMo, though last November I wrote my novel in a month, so I guess I played along without realizing it. Good luck!
Congrats on the awards!! I've done NanoWriMo before but I was in college at the time and I had midterms, so that totally didn't last. But now that I am out of school I finally have the time to do it.
ReplyDeleteGood luck everyone!!
congratulations on the award, and good luck with the writing! sounds intense, but i know you'll do it!
ReplyDelete[oomph.]
What's the next line? Help write the story!
Hey! New follower here, but you have a great blog. I enjoy researching, but I write fantasy novels, which don't require too much. Creating worlds is one of the biggest draws of writing for me.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with NaNo! I plan on doing it as well. :D
congrats on joining the nano hoard! this will be my 5th year, and last year I actually completed the effing thing. It's a total blast and each time I do it (even when I don't complete) I get some awesome writing out of it.
ReplyDeleteGood luck!
I'm doing NaNoWriMo too! It's insanity and fun - I'm shooting to win this year after participating for many.
ReplyDeleteGlad I found your blog. Good luck!