Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Stumbled Upon

Hello all! Yesterday,  I spent some time on the Stumble Me Friday blog hop with Let's Talk About Me (found on my blog hop page). Now, I've never Stumbled before because, well honestly, it seemed so dang complicated. But this week I got a wild hair and decided to bite the bullet.

So I signed up for an account at stumbleupon.com. It was surprisingly easy to get enrolled, the hardest part involved dragging their graphic up to my tool bar. Super simple-my kind of gig!  The next thing I knew, I was stumbling (liking) people all over the place. There were lots of great posts linked up on the hop yesterday so I was glad to do it.

But then I had a thought. I began wondering if any of my posts had been stumbled.  Sooooo.....I came across this neat little article:  How do you know if a page is stumbled?

I use Firefox, so I simply dragged the Stumbled? link up to my tool bar. And then when I clicked on the new link on my tool bar it showed exactly who had liked my posts.

 Got. To. Love. It!

11 comments:

  1. Omg thanks for this!! So useful! I've been using stumble open for maybe a month or two and I get a lot of traffic whenever I use it! (yes, I've used it to get traffic on my own site :$) but I'll have to check out this link next time I go on my computer!- won't work on my mobile arrrgh

    But thank you! Loving your posts! :D
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by and saying hello. I have been doing some hops today and haven't gotten to the one you came from yet. Does not matter because I am now following you also thru GFC. I did not see a FB badge or icon so I don't know if you need followers for that or just want the blog to be it for you. I kinda got sucked into making a blog FB page because someday (maybe a long someday) I might want to do reviews so I can get all that free stuff! Although, I am not really doing too bad in the winning department. I usually get at least one email a day telling me I have won something, so I am not pushing it too hard. Thanks again for coming by and have a wonderful weekend.

    Mary@http://www.mmbearcupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's pretty cool! I love stumbling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very cool. I've had an account for awhile with StumbledUpon but don't really have a great grasp on how to use it well. This is a great little tidbit. I'll have to check it out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi thanks for stopping by my blog. It's always nice to meet a fellow Uggs lover!

    I'm going to look into this stumble thing.

    momfever.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my stumble toolbar! I use it all the time now that I have it!

    I'm stopping by from this week's Super Stalker Sunday hop! Thanks for participating! I hope you'll join us again next week and I hope you'll stop by and visit me if you haven't already!
    Mariah, Formula Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. New follower from the hop. Hope you follow back.
    http://grandmabonniescloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. stumble is fun :) new follower from blog hop
    http://melblackwell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's GREAT, Lindy! I have a SU account, but have to admit that I don't use it all that much. Like you said, it seems so dang complicated. I mean, I've done a bit of stumbling, but didn't realize that there was a blog hop using it. I may have to check it out this week... :-)

    Thank you for dropping by Voices From The Village, I'm dropping by to return the favor and will be following you in the future.

    Have a GREAT week!

    Dawna
    http://www.village-voices.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello from North Dakota!
    New Follower via Tuesday Train.

    Top Social Giveaways
    http://topsocialgiveaways.blogspot.com/

    (Kathy Thomas)FB
    (@LifeBelowZero)

    ReplyDelete
  11. new follower from super stalker sunday
    would love a follow back :)
    www.whatthesemommiesthink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete